Dear World Vision friends, family, and supporters,
“Sponsorship takes love. Passion. Dedication. And partnership. By working together, we — World Vision, our sponsors, and the families we serve — can build healthy, self-reliant communities where children grow and thrive. Our child sponsors are an integral part of this partnership, and we’re so excited to share our work with them firsthand.”
—Lana Reda, vice president of sponsorship & donor management
You know how we’re always talking about sponsorship? And how it truly does help change a community from the inside out and the bottom up? And how we’re always showing you photos and telling you stories of how sponsorship is changing lives? Those stories are about the thousands of beautiful children your support is helping each and every day, from countries and places around the world you may never have a chance to visit.
Or will you?
We have an exciting announcement: You could win one of two trips of a lifetime to communities in Peru where sponsors like you are helping World Vision work to create a better world for children. Here’s how: Find new sponsors for five or more children between September 1 and September 30, 2011, and you could be eligible to win a trip for two to Peru in the spring of 2012.
If you’re one of our two lucky winners, you’ll get the opportunity to visit two World Vision sponsorship communities in Peru — Huanta and Huamanga — and meet sponsored children and World Vision staff like Maritza Flores, former Area Development Program manager, said this about sponsorship in Huanta:
“The work of World Vision — the teachers we hired to teach the children, the schools that we helped to build, the water and the sewer systems we constructed, the family integration programs, the community reconciliation and organization workshops, and many other projects — helped these families to start over in Huanta. Our work also provoked the question, ‘Why do they do this for us?’
Children and later their parents learned that there were persons — the sponsors and donors — who, even without knowing them, loved and cared for them. Because of them, all those projects were possible. God was showing His love to them through the sponsors and donors. For these people who knew loneliness and abandonment, being loved by others meant a lot.”
So, to say thank you for your commitment and for reflecting God’s love to children around the world through sponsorship, we want to give you this opportunity to travel with us. And if you ever thought you would like to see for yourself how your sponsorship support changes lives, this is your chance. Find new sponsors, enter to win, and win a trip to Peru to witness sponsorship in action.
—Meghan Bardwell, on behalf of the entire World Vision sponsorship team
More you should know about the sweepstakes
- Find new sponsors for five or more children between September 1 and September 30, 2011. Then, complete the sweepstakes entry form at www.worldvision.org/TriptoPeru for each new sponsored child.
- Be sure to have your World Vision account ID number for sweepstakes entry.
- You do not have to be a child sponsor to enter to win — although sponsoring a child yourself can count as one of the five children for whom you helped find a sponsor.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the drawing.
- Winners will be notified by November 1, 2011.
- For questions, you can reach us at 1.800.445.2632.
- Want to gain extra entries? You receive one sweepstakes entry for each multiple of five children sponsored. This means that if you get 15 children sponsored, you could be entered to win 3 times.
Want a chance to win? Start right now…
PS: We’ve got more posts coming to give you tips on how to talk to your friends and family about sponsoring a child. Stay tuned!